Home Automation

Hello all,

I found this group and have been reading, but not posting. Well here it goes. Was I miss informed or is this group about "Home Automation". Not GW's poor leadership, or basic family values.

I understand these are hot button topics at the moment, but I use my experiments in home automation as an escape from these daily diatribes.

Is there anyone out there that has more than a door bell for automation?

Thanks For Your Time Brad

Reply to
Brad
Loading thread data ...

I have a timer on my microwave, does that count?

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Good One Doug,

Sorry if I came off alittle short. I can go thousands of places to read about hot button issues.

A timer, hmm. is it digital or analog. Does it D> I have a timer on my microwave, does that count?

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Brad

I don't really know, I haven't worked it out yet, I'm still trying to set my VCR

Doug

Reply to
Doug

But if you put the button in the microwave, the timer can control just how hot the button gets. ;)

There are still occasional posts here that deal with home automation. If you post an HA related question, it might even get answered.

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks for the replys,

Thanks for the calming replys guys. Makes me fell better about posting here.

Dave, are you the same Houston that posts at other automation sites and writes articles about home automation? If you are I am a big fan of yours.

I started off with a basic X10 system and thanks to insight from you and others have expanded to UDP, TCP, and RF for my home automation. All of which is centered around Homeseer. I am always tring to expand my system and hobby, electronic design, and programming. I am currently working on a TCP plugin for Homeseer2 for my needs. I don't think I'll ever post it.

I think it was an early article you wrote that got me hooked on pic's. I built a programmer for the 16f84 that I think was your design. So I want to thank you for your insight and willingness to share your knowledge.

Thank You Brad

the button in the microwave, the timer can control just how

Reply to
Brad

Welcome, Brad.

Those threads were cross-posted by folks from a certain other newsgroup. You can (and should) simply filter the person who originally x-posted them here. He and his pals have yet to post anything of value to CHA.

Indeed. There are a number of regular participants here who share experience and ideas about home automation. Some of us who are in the home automation business also like to participate in the discussions. Hope you find the newsgroup useful.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I mostly post here but many of my posts as well as many of the articles that were on my web page (on hiatus) have ended up on other forums and web sites (w/o permission).

I'm not the guy who wrote about PICs. I use them and program them but haven't written much about that.

"Brad" wrote: [snip]

[snip]

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

can (and should) simply filter the person who

value to CHA.

So let me get this straight.... It's okay for you to fill ASA with off topic political nonsense, but when your drivel gets cross posted here it should be filtered?

Why is that, Fat-Ass? Aren't your buddies here worthy of your political propaganda? I think you're insulting them, I'm sure they vote too.

Reply to
G. Morgan

You will find that the a** h****s posting those things don't actually post anything here.

There is a group of "professional" alarm people who a person upset by posting in "their" news group with information that they didn't want people to know.

Since he is also posts a lot of useful information here, they have the warped logic that them being complete asses here will somehow make us think highly of them and poorly of the target of their cyber stalking.

To give you an idea of their attitude, I posted my feelings about them after their recent barrage started and within two days the spam going to my e-mail address went up to 4 times it's previous level. Fortunately, I have a good spam filter.

Reply to
B Fuhrmann

Just wanted to take a few second of your time to say thanks for your king words toward me

But just to let you know,I am acting just the like bAss do in some other newsgroup,its not what I usually do,but if I want a clean place to exchange on a subject I do like..(alarm...and HA is something I also do,thanks to the regular that post here...) I need to make sure bAss stop posting OT stuff like he his doing lately,or even more fun,he help customer by recommending to then to use stuff ordered on-line on there alarm system,doing so will void the trusting bond between the poster and the alarm company and in the same time put the poster in a situation where if anything good wrong with the alarm system,and no alarm is sent to the central station,on a real burglar entering,the poster wont have any way to go against the alarm company cause he tempered with his security system,all this to make a few $$$

I don't own an alarm company,I am a simple employee,what I don't like from bAss is that he first put his well being in front of the customer well being,he is using a NG of alarm professional to promote a web site to sell to unexpecting customer that can be placed in a very bad situation...

now if you cant understand that..well too bad,but taking this NG as an outages is one of our last hope to have ASA back to what it used to be..

by the way its not the first time he does the same thing,he did it before in alt,aviation,he was named BOBO there...

"B Fuhrmann" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Petem

Reply to
alarminstall

Dave...

A little OT, but when I click on the davehouston.net link in your sig, it takes me to one of those "link hell" pages. Has your site been hijacked?

** To respond, remove the crap from my addy... **
Reply to
prc1

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hello Brad, Most people like myself, enjoy experminting with HA. It's a lot of fun and some, even earn money while doing something they enjoy. Posting is also a way to have fun and to ask and answer questions whether they be Hot Button or not. Further my "Door Bell" automation is named Otis. He barks whenever someone is at the door. Other than the door bell; Some of the things I use HA for is my automatic gate , garage, dog fence, and sprinklers. Have a good day.

Reply to
Duck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.