Heyu and RFXrec

I am trying to get Heyu Working on Raspberry Pi with an RFXrec unit to receive weather from Oregon Scientific sensors....it's almost working...but heyu monitor isn't displaying any data.

I would post this to the Heyu Users group, but they haven't approved me to join yet.

Here is my setup: RFX is on /dev/ttyUSB0 (according to dmesg) Permissions on the device are good x10config: TTY dummy TTY_AUX /dev/ttyUSB0 RFXCOM I then run: heyu start And I see the process running: pi 8028 0.0 0.3 2688 1704 ttyUSB0 Ss+ 13:37 0:00 heyu_relay t

Nothing is received when I run "heyu monitor"

The RFX LED blinks when the Oregon Scientific (OS) transmits, so RFX is receiving signal.

I tried the following for giggles (I know the configuration below is wrong, but it tells me heyu is compiled and generally working on my system: x10config: TTY /dev/ttyUSB0 When I run heyu monitor, I now get: Poll received unknown value (1 bytes), leading byte = 14 Poll received unknown value (2 bytes), leading byte = ff Poll received unknown value (1 bytes), leading byte = fe etc.... These are received every time the OS sensor transmits....telling me heyu is working, it's just configured wrong.....but it doesn't receive anything at all when I use TTY dummy, etc in the config file

Anyone have any pointers? Is there something I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Owen

Reply to
fearless
Loading thread data ...

Correction, when I run "heyu start", the following processes are running: pi 8166 0.0 0.3 2688 1352 ? Ss 14:16 0:00 heyu_relay pi 8167 0.0 0.3 2692 1484 ttyUSB0 Ss+ 14:16 0:00 heyu_aux t

Reply to
fearless

Well, for Internet Archiving I figured I would update my own post. I haven't received any resolution to this and I haven't been able to join the HeyU_Users Yahoo Group.

On a good note, I found RFXcmd, a Python script based version that does what I need. you can find the project at:

formatting link

Good luck!

Reply to
fearless

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.