help with x10 protocol

Hi

I need some help with the x10 protocol, I?m writing an application and I want it to communicate with my CM11 module.

I have sent the command to my module and I get responses but I?m not really sure if the responses I get are correct.

I would really appreciate if someone could send me some kind of log containing communications with a cm11 module.

For example setting module A1 to ON, what command do I send and what responses should I expect.

That would really help me a lot.

Best regards

/Jimmy

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

formatting link

Reply to
jmc
Loading thread data ...

There's no documentation with it but...

formatting link
is a small application that displays all the bytes sent and received. The bytes are shown in [brackets] and are color coded, with blue being the bytes sent and red being those received. Gray indicates a system message or, when it follows a transmitted packet, the checksum to expect from the CM11A. You can also log the bytes to a text file.

Here's a log of A1, A ON.

05/03/05 7:14:09 AM > [04 66] 05/03/05 7:14:09 AM < [6A] 05/03/05 7:14:09 AM > [00] 05/03/05 7:14:10 AM < [55] 05/03/05 7:14:10 AM > [0E 62] 05/03/05 7:14:10 AM < [70] 05/03/05 7:14:10 AM > [00] 05/03/05 7:14:10 AM < [55]

I assume you have the X-10 documentati>Hi

Reply to
Dave Houston

Just in case you are using a Linux machine, this is the list of some free software resources that allow you to control a CM11:

- x10dev

- x10_heyu

Google using this two names and you will find the packages.

I have successfully used the fisrt one and I remember that in debug mode you can get lots of information during X-10 transactions.

I hope this helps. Best regards

Reply to
JL

Hex bytes when sending A1 ON: Host = PC, Device = CM11A

Host --> 04 66 (Send address A1) Device --> 6a (Receive checksum of 04 and 66) Host --> 00 (OK, send it out on the power line) Device --> 55 (CM11A ready for next command) Host --> 06 62 (Send function A ON) Device --> 68 (Receive checksum of 06 and 62) Host --> 00 (OK, send it out on the power line) Device --> 55 (CM11A ready for next command)

Regards, Charles Sullivan

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

Forgot to mention: When you first power up the CM11A, it will continue to poll for a time update by sending the 0xA5 character to the PC once every second, and will accept no normal commands until it gets a response. You can stop this polling by sending a 0x9B character, whereupon the CM11A will start to accept normal commands. (See the protocol document if you actually need to set the clock in the CM11A.)

Regards, Charles Sullivan

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.