Help with Channel Plus Products - RF IR Distribution

I have a DirecTV TIVO box in my family room. This feeds a 2010 wall plate which has coax cable running to the basement. I also have a

2100A wall plate (with target) in the master bedroom with coax cable running to the basement. I connect the 2 cables together with a female to female connector. This setup has worked great for the past 3 years as I can watch my TIVOed shows in the bedroom.

Now, I am setting up my office and I am trying to add a TV (VIZIO 13" LCD tv) to this room. I purchased another 2100A and target (again, there is cable running to the basement). Initially, I purchased a 2514 splitter and hooked up the 3 cables to it. I was getting static and noise when you press a button on the remote. The picture is fine. The static and noise only appear when emitting an IR signal at the targets. I figured it was because I had 2 outputs on the splitter that were not being used. Instead of buying DC blocks and terminators, I purchased the 2512 because it had the exact amount of inputs/outputs for my situation (3). I hooked the 3 cables to the 2512 splitter and I am experiencing the same problem. In both the bedroom and the office, I get a lot of noise and static when using the remote.

I don't know what else I can do or try to eliminate this problem. Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
teeadams
Loading thread data ...

Also....the new target in my office is not working. The target continues to work in the bedroom. I have tested the new target AND the new 2100A alone in the office and it works. The problems occurs when I use the splitter for both the bedroom and the office....

Reply to
teeadams

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.