heat imprint cable marker

I know these machines have been discussed in this group before, but I can't remember what they're actually called to search for one and to figure out how much they cost. I'm talking about the machines that have a wheel onto which you set, say, "Kitchen speakers" and as you pull the cable through the machine it stamps those words onto the cable at a regular interval.

Anyone know where to get one, how much they cost, or what they're actually called?

Thanks!

E. Lee Dickinson Entertainment Design and Technology

formatting link

Reply to
E. Lee Dickinson
Loading thread data ...

I think they are called:

formatting link
Those are industrial machines - perhaps there's something smaller. I have the big box of Crayola crayons. I hold one against the wire (I use mostly white cable) as I pull it from the box. That stripe usually is enough to help me ID the cable when it's actually through the holes. I think there are 78 colors, although there really are a dozen or so I can distiguish without error.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

This might be more to your liking:

formatting link

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.