Grommets for 1 1/2 inch central wiring

Sorry to ask such a lame question, but does anyone know where I can purchase some rubber grommets (5 to 10, not 1000+) in a 1.5 diameter so I can protect the wiring coming into the structred wiring box? (My knockouts are nice and sharp!

I tried the local Home Depot, Lowes, OSH , they only carry very small size grommets.

Thanks,

d.

Reply to
google
Loading thread data ...

The thing you want is also called a "bushing" and they're available in various sizes at most electrical supply houses. ELK Products (which I sell online) offers a bag of them as part number ELK-SWD1. Here's a picture link:

formatting link
They're not very expensive but you can buy the same thing for less almost anywhere electrical supplies are sold.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Another alternative which I've used for many years is a Romex clamp. If you've got CAT5 and/or RG6 cables going into the box just don't tighten the clamp and you'll be fine.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Do a search for "grommet edging" on ebay and you'll find a roll for about $10. Cut off what you need to make any size grommet.

From: snipped-for-privacy@dcbarry.com snipped-for-privacy@dcbarry.com

Reply to
BruceR

snipped-for-privacy@dcbarry.com wrote in news:1127242890.997013.86390 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

1) Home Depot and Lowes should have plastic inserts for this purpose on their electrical aisle (the one with conduit, elbows, boxes, etc.). 2) My local Ace hardware has some good sized rubber grommets. Don;t know if they get up to 1.5 (inches?), but larger than what Home Depot has.

Good hunting.

Reply to
Ian Shef

Here's a trick I often use on larger holes. Strip out some LVT (I usually use an exacto knife to slice the insulation along the ground wire between the two conductors). Cut off enough to "fit" around your hole and position the insulation so that the "slit" is against the metal edge of the hole. You can then "pack" it on and it'll stay there until doomsday.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.