Greyfox camera system?

Is anyone familiar with the Greyfox Cat5 camera system?

formatting link
The color camera has a Sony Super-HAD CCD, so it ought to be pretty good. They get power and audio over cat5 as well. The camera module (the camera hub in the panel) provides discrete video out as well as a sequenced video out for up to four cameras.

If you have it or install it, let me know if you like it. Also, what's the format of the audio out? I assume it's A-Bus because of their other A-Bus products, but the spec sheet doesn't mention it at all.

- Mark.

Reply to
Mark Thomas
Loading thread data ...

I've sold several of them to DIYers. So far none have come back for repairs. Calls for tech support have been minimal as well.

I've also sold a fair number of Grayfox' (now OnQ / LeGrand) CAT5 intercom systems. They work well. They're a snap to install and you get a decent bang/buck ratio.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Is anyone familiar with the Greyfox Cat5 camera system?

formatting link
The color camera has a Sony Super-HAD CCD, so it ought to be pretty good. They get power and audio over cat5 as well. The camera module (the camera hub in the panel) provides discrete video out as well as a sequenced video out for up to four cameras.

If you have it or install it, let me know if you like it. Also, what's the format of the audio out? I assume it's A-Bus because of their other A-Bus products, but the spec sheet doesn't mention it at all.

- Mark.

Read the OP's post again... It said "If you have it or install it"... Your reply contributes nothing except another "plug" for your online business.

Reply to
Frank Olson

And what, exactly, does your reply contribute? Nothing except to remind us of your never-ending hard-on for Bob Bass. I just *knew* you couldn't make ten "bass-free" posts in a row without lapsing. You're quite seriously obsessed with bashing Bass and it's a shame because every once in a while you show signs of being a normal, worthwhile contributor to the group.

Worse still, your contention isn't even true. Bob's reply told me that these cameras, unlike far too many net-enabled cams, use high-quality Sony HAD CCD's and not cheap CMOS sensors that have terrible low light capabilities. So, I learned *something* from his post whereas I learned nothing from your nag other than the fact that you *still* have it in for Bass. What a f'ing surprise THAT isn't.

Why don't you *really* surprise us all for a change and grow up? No one's interested in who you like or don't like *except* for you and the occasional ASA drop-in you bring along for IMmoral support. You'd think by now even a

*dog* could figure out your plan to make Bass look bad is only making *you* look bad. Give it a rest, Frank. Most of us abandoned these kinds of tactics upon graduation from grade school.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Sorry... I don't "swing" that way. And there's absolutely no need to get "vulgar" in your replies. What does *this* contribute to the thread, other than putting the indivudal to whom you're responding on the defensive? If I was anything like "the other posters from ASA", you'd receive much more in return and what would *that* contribute to this thread, eh??.

Perhaps because he's interested in the same topics?? Security, CCTV, access control...

N "I've sold several of them to DIYers. So far none have come back for repairs. Calls for tech support have been minimal as well.

I've also sold a fair number of Grayfox' (now OnQ / LeGrand) CAT5 intercom systems. They work well. They're a snap to install and you get a decent bang/buck ratio."

I'd guess that you probably have a problem with "'Rithmetic" too... I learned nothing from Robert's response except that he's "sold several of them to DIYers'" (which is also a statement that contributes nothing to the OP's request for information).

At least one of us *graduated* from grade school and knows how to read. :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hi Robert,

Thanks for responding. Please note, however, that someone else cut and pasted the camera info (it's on my web site). I seriously doubt the gentleman is likely to change his behavior here any time soon. He doesn't seem to care how many people ask him to stop. Unfortunately, there's nothing I (or anyone else) can do to make him go away.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Both of you - STOP IT. Bob, you disappoint me. You should have known better than to have responded to my comments. You've now made Frank's accusation of adding nothing useful to this thread true.

Don't either of you respond to this admonition either. As you may have noticed I rarely, if ever, respond further to these bashfests other than to say: STOP!

Just keep the personal whacking to private email. No one wants to hear it from *either* of you in CHA. This group is dedicated to a discussion of HOME AUTOMATION, not personal vendettas.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

What "behavior" would that be??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Jawohl, Herr Moderator. Zu Befehl!

I couldn't have said it better.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! You remind me of the guy on "Danger UXB!" He ended up spread all over the countryside. Defusing this situation is going to take more than what you (or even I) can do...

Robert has positively "verboten" me to email him. He even sent my ISP a nasty note when I accidently pressed "Reply Sender" instead of "Reply Group" on my Outlook Express...

Correct! It's also not a forum for the blatant marketing of products and services. Kindly direct me to the individual responsible for enforcing that.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.