Faraday Capacitance Proximity Switches

formatting link
Does anyone have any experience controlling room lights with these sorts of sensors? There are areas where we would like to have a choice as to whether we turn on a light, but might have wet, sticky or mostly full hands. These seem to be the best bet to tie into HomeVision and have it control an X-10 light as a result. These seem a little pricey at $50 each since I seem to recall kits for such switches for sale by Allied or Lafayette Radio waaaayyy back when.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
BruceR

Not enough control. I want to be able to come near a wall switch with wet or greasy hands and not have to actually touch the wall switch. I also don't want the light coming on automatically - I want to be able to control when the light comes on, but not have to touch the switchplate directly. I was thinking of using an IR sensor to detect reflections from a hand held up in front of the switch plate, but the capacitance switch seemed a little cleaner and not as likely to screw up the AV IR system.

-- Bobby G.

heap enough.

Reply to
Robert Green

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.