Digital Tools Help Users Save Energy, Study Finds

I have to agree with all that 100%, mostly. Well put.

OTOH: Cadillac just announced some new model with 500hp and a 6.2l (?) engine. When will we ever start taxing the shit out of these sinners? (Hummer come to mind? Rated the worst vehicle by everybody , including the military)

Reply to
John J. Bengii
Loading thread data ...

Everybody is an ass from time to time (or more often)

We have to consider the group's subject matter and get on with it.

When I see websites dedicated to slamm>>

Reply to
John J. Bengii

The car example was a bad example. The AM auto industry will go bankrupt yet because they still make junk. Cadillac just announced a new model with 500hp and a 6.2l engine.

I swore after all the insults I have owned I would never...ever purchase another N.American style vehicle after purchasing two Camrys (made in the US). Well I made a huge mistake and purchased a used 2001 Chev S-10 pickup to do my construction work on my new home. Big mistake and I kick myself for not sticking to my guns. I have spent more repair money on that piece of trash in the last year than I spent total on my two Camrys since 1994. And yet, I am sitting on another repair of the ABS brake system that won't stop the truck and contemplating taking my second American style truck to the junkyard at their 6 year old mark. Just absolute junk and they (the Am auto mfg.) deserve to go right down the tubes. You can lead a horse to water...

Reply to
John J. Bengii
1969 Olds Cutlass, 350 wide V block, 4 barrel, 13.2:1 compression ratio. Needed a turret and a gun on the front, nice car.

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Dave, I have purchased three KaW meters and, working in a utility meter lab, found them to as accurate as you would ever need, compared to a lab standard 0.01% traceable...blah..blah...blah.. but........

There are much better devices out there now, in every hardware store that record the data, don't lose it everytime there is a power blink and tell you more stats for a lesser price. I have never tested the accuracy of one (newer devices) yet.

formatting link

Reply to
John J. Bengii

What about the final nail in your high efficiency furnace control board? Or your fridge motor?

Dirty power is an awful way to kill a lousy product.

Reply to
John J. Bengii

We actually offer tax credits for the Hummers so that it makes economic sense for those making good incomes to buy them.

formatting link
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

You'll need the specific current sensing sensors which are not the same as the things you've bought. Allegro has example circuits. These range from SOIC-8 chips to much larger devices. Google on "Allegro current sensor" or just follow the crumbs to...

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

All other factors being equal a higher compression engine would have lower emissions due to increased efficiency.

In another post Robert Green wrote: > People who didn't want to play along could buy auxiliary > generators that often have small bore, dirty engines.

Bore size has NOTHING to to with the relative emissions of a internal combustion engine.

Reply to
Lewis Gardner

Any recommendations on a meter that will log the data? To a serial port, perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Reg

It's a project on tap for 2009, we come at this from a very different perspective. The company I work for writes difficult custom software solutions using, mainly, the MSoft Enterprise Server OS and tools.

We are in cahoots with a very aggressive and advanced thinking residential real estate developer who is pushing the alternative energy envelope on the community and residential unit level.

The 2009 is a "living lab" project, an upscale home that we can test, install, retest, deinstall, etc. One of the primary goals is the monitoring aspect or the integration of the monitoring capabilities of others where it can be displayed and negotiated easily for the homeowner.

Reply to
Ryan White

Reply to
John J. Bengii

vice like credulity, and as pernicious. Superstition.

255. Piety is different from superstition.

To carry piety as far as superstition is to destroy it.

The heretics reproach us for this superstitious submission. This is to do what they reproach us for...

Infidelity, not to believe in the Eucharist, because it is not seen.

Superstition to believe propositions. Faith, etc.

256. I say there are few true Christians, even as regards faith. There are many who believe but from superstition. There are many who do not believe solely from wickedness. Few are between the two.

In this I do not include those who are of truly pious character, nor all those who believe from a feeling in their heart.

257. There are only three kinds of persons; those who serve God, having found Him; others who are occupied in seeking Him, not having found Him; while the remainder live without seeking Him and without having found Him. The first are reasonable and happy, the last are foolish and unhappy; those between are unhappy and reasonable.

258. Unu

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Not to a serial port other than professional equip for utilities but nobody can afford that stuff.

Some of the new electr>

Reply to
John J. Bengii

To bid a man live quietly is to bid him live happily. It is to advise him to be in a state perfectly happy, in which he can think at leisure without finding therein a cause of distress. This is to misunderstand nature.

As men who naturally understand their own condition avoid nothing so much as rest, so there is nothing they leave undone in seeking turmoil. Not that they have an instinctive knowledge of true happiness...

So we are wrong in blaming them. Their error does not lie in seeking excitement, if they seek it only as a diversion; the evil is that they seek it as if the possession of the objects of their quest would make them really happy. In this respect it is right to call their quest a vain one. Hence in all this both the censurers and the censured do not understand man's true nature.

And thus, when we take the exception against them, that what they seek with such fervour cannot satisfy them, if they replied--as they should do if they considered the matter thoroughly--that they sought in it only a violent and impetuous occupation which turned their thoughts from self, and that they therefore chose an attractive object to charm and ardently attract them, they would leave their opponents without a reply. But they do not make this reply, because they do not know themselves. They do not know that it is the chase, and not the quarry, which they seek.

Dancing: We must consider rightly where to place our feet.--A gentleman sincerely believes that hunting is great and royal sport; but a beater is not of this opinion.

They imagine that, if they obtained such a post, they would then rest with pleasure and are insensible of the insatiable nature of the if desire. They think they are truly seeking quiet, and they are only seeking excitement.

They have a secret instinct which impels them to seek amusement and occupation abroad, and which arises from the sense of their constant unhappiness. They have another secret instinct, a remnant of the g

Reply to
John J. Bengii

when they please. Their hearts are often touched, and sometimes filled, with new sweetnesses and delights; there seems to express an inward ardor and burning of heart, like to which they never experienced before; sometimes, perhaps, occasioned only by the mention of Christ's name, or some one of the divine perfections. There are new appetites, and a new kind of breathings and pantings of heart, and groanings that cannot be uttered. There is a new kind of inward labor and struggle of soul towards heaven and holiness.

Some who before were very rough in their temper and manners, seemed to be remarkably softened and sweetened. And some have had their souls exceedingly filled, and overwhelmed with light, love, and comfort, long since the work of God has ceased to be so remarkably carried on in a general way; and some have had much greater experiences of this nature than they had before. There is still a great deal of religious conversation continued in the town, amongst young and old; a religious disposition appears to be still maintained amongst our people, by their holding frequ

Reply to
Dave Houston

Then Robert is obviously an inspiration for lunacy...

formatting link
And no... I am *not* the "webmaster".

Reply to
Frank Olson

the principles of reason, our religion will be absurd and ridiculous.

274. All our reasoning reduces itself to yielding to feeling.

But fancy is like, though contrary to, feeling, so that we cannot distinguish between these contraries. One person says that my feeling is fancy, another that his fancy is feeling. We should have a rule. Reason offers itself; but it is pliable in every sense; and thus there is no rule.

275. Men often take their imagination for their heart; and they believe they are converted as soon as they think of being converted.

276. M. de Roannez said: "Reasons come to me afterwards, but at first a thing pleases or shocks me without my knowing the reason, and yet it shocks me for that reason which I only discover afterwards." But I believe, not that it shocked him for the reasons which were found afterwards, but that these reasons were only found because it shocked him.

277. The heart has its reasons, which reason does not know. We feel it in a thousand things. I say that the heart naturally loves the Univer
Reply to
John J. Bengii

"The street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after three score and two weeks," (which have followed the first seven. Christ will then be killed after the sixty-nine weeks, that is to say, in the last week), "the Christ shall be cut off, and a people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary, and overwhelm all, and the end of that war shall accomplish the desolation."

"Now one week," (which is the seventieth, which remains), "shall confirm the covenant with many, and in the midst of the week," (that is to say, the last three and a half years), "he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

Daniel 11. "The angel said to Daniel: There shall stand up yet," (after Cyrus, under whom this still is), "three kings in Persia," (Cambyses, Smerdis, Darius); and the fourth who shall then come," (Xerxes) "shall be far richer than they all, and far stronger, and shall stir up all his people against the Greeks.

"But a mighty king shall stand up," (Alexander), "that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will. And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided in four parts toward the four winds of heaven," (as he had said above, 7:6; 8:8), "but not his posterity; and his successors shall not equal his power, for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others besides these," (his four chief successors).

"And the king of the south," (Ptolemy, son of Lagos, Egypt), "shall be strong; but one of his princes shall be stro

Reply to
Dave Houston

man naturally cannot see everything, and that naturally he cannot err in the side he looks at, since the perceptions of our senses are always true.

1. People are generally better persuaded by the reasons which they have themselves discovered than by those which have come into the mind of others.

1. All great amusements are dangerous to the Christian life; but among all those which the world has invented there is none more to be feared than the theatre. It is a representation of the passions so natural and so delicate that it excites them and gives birth to them in our hearts, and, above all, to that of love, principally when it is represented as very chaste and virtuous. For the more innocent it appears to innocent souls, the more they are likely to be touched by it. Its violence pleases our self-love, which immediately forms a desire to produce the same effects which are seen so well represented; and, at the same time, we make ourselves a conscience founded on the propriety of the feelings which we see there, by which the fear of pure souls is removed, since they imagine that it cannot hurt their purity to love with a love which seems to them so reasonable.

So we depart from the theatre with our heart so filled with all the beauty and tenderness of love, the soul and the mind so persuaded of its innocence, that we are quite ready to receive its first impressions, or rather to seek an opportunity of awakening them in the heart of another, in order that we may receive the same pleasures and the same sacrifices which we have seen so well represented in the theatre.

1. Scaramouch, who only thinks of one thing.

The doctor, who speaks fo

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.