digital security cameras installation - exterior around home

I have a two story home, and I'm thinking about going with the IQvision IQ853 (5 megapixel cameras) for home security cameras. I want to cover all four sides of my home with four cameras (I might need six). That seems easy, but when I look at the angles and where I can mount heavy security cameras, I am now focused on researching what type of poles I can install around the perimeter of my home to mount cameras on.

I can get some 21 foot schedule 40 galvanized pipes, but I want to first research whether or not there is a better type of pole to purchase. I want these cameras at least 15 feet from the ground to minimize vandalism, and I want to put a plate over the top of the poles to shield the cameras from direct sunlight and rain. I know they are outdoor cameras, but I want to maximize their lifespan given how expensive they are.

Does anyone have any suggestion for what types of poles I should, or can, mount the security cameras to?

Reply to
franzbrown
Loading thread data ...

what you have to be sure is that the pole wont move...

any picture taken from a waving pole is totally useless

a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : snipped-for-privacy@p25g2000pri.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.