digital answering system/voice mail with PC interface?

Is there a digital answering machine/voice mail system that can be programmed via a PC (e.g upload voice prompt), but can answer the phone even when the PC is off? I want the good sound quality so callers cannot tell right away it is a recording, just like commercial voice mail. My budget is $300.

Reply to
peter
Loading thread data ...

I have a PC rigged to answer our home phone (which will also take faxes). It's hooked up to a KVM switch and I decided to run it through my home network as I thought I could retrieve messages from anywhere there's a PC. Unfortunately the "old ship" is running Windows 98SE and is using voice mail software that isn't compatible with XP (doesn't have the "NT" drivers required). I don't mind having to run downstairs to retrieve a fax though and I always check messages when I come home. As to upgrading to something newer, I'm reluctant to do so because I've found the "send and receive logs" on the fax software to be most useful over the years. The software came bundled with the 56K modem and I just haven't found anything quite like it to compare. What's really cool is I can retrieve phone messages and faxes from any touch tone phone or fax.

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Way2Call

I do all this with Homeseer/Way2Call

Reply to
Brian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.