d-day

It's the American way to get people to give some response to their quest and it becomes a culture after a while.

Reply to
John J. Bengii
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Most Usenet servers ignore cancel messages. Sending one is a waste. It's simpler to apologize for the error and move on unless, of course, someone is more interested in continuing an argument than moving on.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'm honored to be listed with these other gentleman.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Well, we certainly wouldn't want to risk stretching anything in there now, would we?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Winning friends and influencing people, eh Graham?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You're missing the point. CFL's do contain mercury but the amount they release into the environment is significantly less than that released by the additional power needed to illuminate incandescent lamps that they replace. Furthermore, because the mercury in CFLs winds up enclosed in landfills it is far less harmful than that released directlyu into the atmosphere from coal fired generators.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Harping on typographical errors is a sure sign you've nothing to say.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Perhaps, but I'm in the USA where coal fired power plants are doing much to ruin the environment.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I don't need to excuse anyone's server. I posted in error -- meant to send that one by email. If you have a problem with that there's not much I can do about it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh, my god. Do you really think that CFL could cause overheat of motor? I have never seen so idiotic concept - why we in EU, don't have that problem?

U¿ytkownik "John J. Bengii" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:ONednfeZPcDkee7anZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@golden.net...

Reply to
Ghost

Why not good in cold climates? And more interesting question - what CFL have to do with "motion detectors"?

U¿ytkownik "John J. Bengii" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:NaidnS0IXuNfde7anZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@golden.net...

Reply to
Ghost

It's nonsense. There's no issue with motion detectors regarding bulbs slowly warming up. I've worked with alarm systems for over 30 years and have never had a motion detector trip because a light bulb went on or off, regardless what type.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That would be "a motor" In English we use articles, small words that indicate the exact thing you are referring to.

People don't usually "see" concepts. They can see the realization of them when they may be implemented.

I have no idea why you are not aware of this problem in with tiny electrical system in EU. Perhaps when a few more loads get changed from oxen and coal to electrical supplies your awareness may surface.

Do you have motors on your coal fireplaces for heating your homes?

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Too bad your coal fired plants are ruining other people's environments too.

Is that you spamm>>

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Totally wind driven but only for the aspect you had mentioned a few weeks back.

You can write that >>

Reply to
John J. Bengii

You're a liar. If you meant to send it by email you wouldn't have munged my name in the attribution line, and you would have added a salutation. I'm glad your pals here finally get to see you blatantly lying.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.