Loading thread data ...

OK.

http://www.p>Tell me about UFO.

formatting link
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

| Yeap, I saw new incandescents (osram) - still far, far behind CFL. I don't | agree that incandescents ever be good as CFL (just physics laws).

Are there any outdoor CFL floods that put out light similar to the 150W bulbs I used to be able to buy before they were banned?

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

Neither does Dave. He cites "been several posts to this forum" as though that amounts to a major problem. Dave routinely misquotes, misinterprets and misleads when it comes to technology he doesn't sell.

Dave will misquote you later, saying that the two you replaced are evidence of "ongoing problems" with CFL's.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Dave Houst>

Ancient history. The cited article is 5 years old. It contains a link to another site with more information on the subject. Unfortunately, that site and the project have apparently been abandoned.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

This is typical. Anyone who doesn't fall into line gets the same treatment.

This one seems to have made it from the lab to the circular file.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

No problem. Switch to Z-Wave. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

Filing a patent does not mean he has an idea that will work.

After seeing this I did a quick Google search. I thought it funny that the first link pointed to a page wo9th the following quote:

"Then there is the tungsten photonic lattice that was announced in

2003 by the U.S. Dept. of Energy's Sandia National Labs. This development promises a 60 percent efficient tungsten lamp, but understandably hasn't progressed very far from fundamental research to public availability.

Not that this has stopped the story from being dredged up by every journalist who can type a few words into an Internet search engine to prove the United States has the situation in hand."

Not only journalists, but even Usenet posters dredge it up to support their pet theories.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Sure, don't waste your time and back to school - better for you.

Uzytkownik "Dave Houston" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@nntp.fuse.net...

Reply to
Ghost

Uzytkownik "Dave Houston" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@nntp.fuse.net...

Thank God.

Reply to
Ghost

As always.

Reply to
Ghost

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

AH, yes. There's the Dave we've all come to know and love.

Actually, you gave speculation on promised new devices that don't exist.

Mr. Houston thinks he has the authority to dictate who may post here. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You don't gave anything but proofs of your ignorance.

Reply to
Ghost

Your fridge and any other syncronous motor that likes to overheat from harmonics will care.

Reply to
John J. Bengii

He has, for sure, the abilty to regulate who he spends time with.

You must have had your fell>>

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Sure are. Most of them need to warm up before the lumen strength matches the old incandescent though. This is not good in cold climates or for motion detectors.

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Absolutely true. What he can't do is decide who posts here. (cf his "go away")

No, but I've had the displeasure of interacting with the gentleman. I've also seen him repeatedly post misleading information, often times deliberately. I've also seen him post direct lies about others here. Just try disagreeing with him on some minor point and you'll learn a little.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.