Control occupancy sensor/motion sensor using Powerlinc V2 controller

Hi I want to control occupancy sensor [PMS02] and motion sensor [MS14A] using powerlinc V2 controller USB [2414U]. There is also an RF transceiver present in the circuit. Manually i be able to control the x10 PRO modules using the motion sensor/transceiver combination. The lamp module is LM465. I want to control the motion sensor/occupancy sensor using PLC but no idea about how it can be done Can anyone suggest steps [if possible] Thanks Arnie

Reply to
arnie
Loading thread data ...

Hi I want to control occupancy sensor [PMS02] and motion sensor [MS14A] using powerlinc V2 controller USB [2414U]. There is also an RF transceiver present in the circuit. Manually i be able to control the x10 PRO modules using the motion sensor/transceiver combination. The lamp module is LM465. I want to control the motion sensor/occupancy sensor using PLC but no idea about how it can be done Can anyone suggest steps [if possible] Thanks Arnie

Reply to
arnie

Reply to
arnie

Reply to
arnie

Reply to
arnie

Hi all I want to control occupancy sensor [PMS02] and motion sensor [MS14A] using powerlinc v2 controller usb [2414u].There is also an RF transceiver [RTM75] present in the circuit.Manually I be able to control the x10 modules [LM465] using the motion sensor/transceiver combination. Can it be possible to configure and control motion/ occupancy sensor using PLC. If so how? Thanks Arnie

Reply to
arnie

I do not understand what you mean by "control". All of the RF motion sensors are one-way only. When they sense motion, they send an RF code to the transceiver which then sends a PLC code on the powerline. There is no path for sending messages to the motion sensors nor do the motion sensors have any circuitry for receiving messages. The motion sensors are "programmed" using their pushbuttons. All the Powerlinc controller can do is react to the PLC codes on the powerline.

Reply to
Dave Houston

The X-10 Pro PDF for the PMS02 gives a thorough explanation, including a pictorial diagram of its use and application.

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks for the reply Corresponding to the message received by PLC as a result of the motion sensor/transceiver combination, how can i identify from which motion sensor the plc has received the message since it may be that more than one motion sensor may be present. Do there exists any kind of identity in the message that identifies the sending duo [motion sensor/ transceiver]. Arnie

Reply to
arnie

If you read the programming instructions for the PMS02 that I referenced earlier, it should become clear. On sensing motion, the sensor sends an ON code to a user programmed address. After a user programmed interval, it sends an OFF code to the same address. On sensing dawn (or any light) it sends an OFF code to an address that is one unit code higher than the motion address and at dusk (or lack of light) it sends an ON to that higher address. If you place the sensor where it can "see" the lamp controlled by motion, it will "think" it's dawn when the lamp turns on and dusk when it turns off, leading to confusion.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Dave Can you tell me the link for the programming instructions that you have referenced so that I can read and understand. My biggest problem is that I am using an intermediate [that you can say communicator] to communicate with PLC which in turn sends the commands to the concerned devices. The intermediate is Smarthome Device Manager [SDM3] so I was left with the features available from this. This means I am not directly communicating with PLC. Basically my project is in C# 2005. Thanks Arnie

Reply to
arnie

I gave you the link earlier in this thread.

formatting link

I'll repeat one more time that there is no way to send commands to the motion sensors as they have neither an RF receiver nor a powerline interface.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Dave

working with home automation. On which language [if any] that you have worked in communication with PLC and such other devices or if not still then which programming language you seems right for this. Since I am making use of c# but it has so much limitations that I was left with little on my part to do Hope you reply for this query Thanks Arnie

Reply to
arnie

Just one more addition to this query:-Do it also requires knowledge of the micro controllers/micro processors as well? Thanks Arnie

Reply to
arnie

I've used Visual Basic (pre-Net) for Windows and various Basic dialects BasCOM AVR, PicBasic, BasicX, ZBasic) for embedded devices. But that's mostly because I'm an old geezer who isn't up to learning new languages not because I consider them best.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Not to understand how the devices function - only if you want to delve deeper and make your own devices or modify existing devices. Anand has done some of this because X-10 hardware is not readily available in your country.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.