Control Hot Water Circ Pump With X10?

Hello. My house has a hot water circulating pump built in and located near my hot water tank. It currently runs 24/7 and this is excessive. So I would like to put it on a timer controlled by my X10 system. The pump is wired to a wall switch so I think it easiest to replace the standard wall switch with an X10 switch. I have done this with many of the lights in my house so it should be easy for me to accomplish. My question is which model switch should I use? Is something like the WS467 ok? Or is there another unit that would be better for use with the pump? Thanks for your advice.

Reply to
David White
Loading thread data ...

The WS467 is for incandescent lights only. You need something more along the lines of this:

formatting link

Marc

Reply to
Marc Guardiani

-------------------------------------

Redy temp has a new controller coming out that may be worth looking into. To install you pretty much just plug your existing pump into the side of the control boxes pump power socket then install the temperature probe. They say that it turns a 24 / 7 operating pump into one that only runs based on your timer schedule, up to 20 per day. It appears to also allows the system to be controlled in an on-demand push-button, as needed mode that can override the timer during an off-scheduled time period. We foresee getting one once the products is released sometime this month. Going from 24/7 pumping to timered ought to put a good chunk of money back in your pocket.

Reply to
4GreenerFuture

formatting link

Well, switch received, installed, and tested. I wonder if/when the savings will cover the $11 cost plus my time? Cheers!

Reply to
David White

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.