confused about x10 switch choices

Hi All,

I'm looking for a simple x-10 switch, and I'm a bit confused by all the choices out there. I'm hoping someone here can offer some advice.

I have a home security system that will control x-10 devices. My keychain remote will allow me to turn on lights by pushing a button, I'd like to be able to turn on x-10 switched lights before I enter the house at night. There seems to be a wide variety of x-10 switches out there, some with dimmer options, status reporting, 3 way/4 way options, etc. I'd just like to be able to replace the switch on an incandescent ceiling light, controlled by one switch, I don't care whether I can dim it or not. I'd also like the switch to look like as "normal" as possible, not one of those fat button x-10 switches. I've narrowed my search down to the Togglelinc, an example can be seen here:

formatting link
I guess what I'd like to know is whether this is the best choice for what I'm looking to do.

Reply to
William_F
Loading thread data ...

Yes, I believe that would be your best choice. After having many X-10 brand switches self-destruct over the years, I recently went to ToggleLincs, and for the most part they do very well.

Just note that if people in your house are already used to X-10 pushbuttons, the may have a little trouble getting used to flicking a pseudo-toggle up or down instead of pushing in a button.

If they've never used anything but traditional toggles, then the ToggleLlinc is still a little different, because it snaps back to the center position instead of staying up or down.

Reply to
Dan Wilga

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.