CM17A Firecracker Software

I have an old CM17A Firecracker that I would like to use for a very simple application. The current Firecracker software available on the X10 site is for the cm19a and it does not work with my old CM17a. Anyone know where I can get the original software and drivers?

Reply to
Donald Morley
Loading thread data ...

AFAIK the xfire.exe file you download handles either the CM17A or CM19A. Can't you right-click on the PalmPad image, select the setup option, and enter the COM port manually?

(I don't have a PC running Windows in operation right now so can't check the xfire.exe from the website.)

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

I am running Vista home edition. The palm pad never shows on the screen. I do get a setup screen, when I click on it nothing happens. Sometimes I get a rundll32 error

Reply to
Donald Morley

Most likely the software is not compatible with Vista, and possibly not compatible with Win XP SP2 either. I recall I had it working on a desktop under Win XP SP1 with an actual RS232 serial port, but just tried it on a borrowed Win XP SP2 laptop with a USB->Serial adapter. It managed to send one signal, then locked up and both the firecracker and x10net processes had to be killed in the task manager before it would work again (for one more shot).

A Google search for CM17A yielded several hits for freeware/shareware programs for Windows. Perhaps one of these would work.

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

What you describe is exactly what is happening. Thought this would be easy..I should have known. Thanks for your help

Reply to
Donald Morley

I can confirm the CM17a does work with XP, SP2. I can also confirm it does not work with a USB to serial cable.

I havent yet tried this on Vista, though. Is'nt there an option to run programs in an XP-compatible mode?

Regards,

Anand

Reply to
Anand

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.