Cat6 Patch Panel in Wall Enclosure

I am looking to put a cat6 patch panel in a structure wiring enclosure. I need 24 ports so I was considering using 2 vertical 12-port mini patch panels (one on each side) attached by 89D brackets screwed into the sides of the enclosure. Will this work? Will I be able to run the Cat6 to the panels without exceeding the bend radious requirments? Any other ideas on how to get 24-ports in a wall enclosure?

Also, I am planning getting a structured wiring enclosure. I know some do not like the proprietary ones but it will be in a finished basement so I need something that can fit everythng (patch panels, phone and video distribution, ethernet switch) inside. I am thinking about getting a 42 inch OnQ or Greyfox enclsoure. Any other recommendations?

Also, please feel free to let me know if I am being a knuclehead with this plan. Thanks.

Reply to
kramerjak
Loading thread data ...

By no means are you being a knucklehead; your plans are quite reasonable. I'd like to offer a suggestion as an alternative to spending a lot of extra money on a "structured" cabinet system. Consider using a plywood backboard inside a standard electrical enclosure in as large a size as possible or even making your own cabinet and using stock cabinet doors from Home Depot or the like to cover them up. Mounting everything on a plywood backboard lets you use standard brackets and panels. The proprietary ones make you pay five to ten times more than the cost of the same item without the proprietary brackets.

Reply to
brobin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.