call home to listen to outdoor mic?

I would like to be able to call home, enter some code, and be able to listen to a outdoor mic. (rioting nearby in street, no point coming home until it ends) (no law, don't bother going there)

A camera or two might be nice, maybe later, but a mic kept dry would be the most important. I didn't want to use an answering machine, so that rules out the room monitor with external mic.

Any ideas? Anyone make a "box" for this?

Thanks.

Reply to
clemslay
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@iname.com wrote in news:c9c3611tuqa69a9vgnm8j1i6g6e6se0tjf@

4ax.com:

Ya, there are a couple of devices:

Tele-Monitor 2000/3000 THE INFORMER THE "X" PHONE

Typically Spy Gadet stores sell these devices.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

Why not the answering machine? If you are looking to evesdrop you might want to check the on line "spy" shops for appropriate gizmos.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Viking Electronics

formatting link
makes a RAD-1 device that answers on the first ring and then bridges the phone line to another phone line or phone device. They also make an HF-3W (hands-free talkback) unit that can be used to eavesdrop.

If you don't want it to answer on the first ring, you could use their RC-2A touch tone relay and enter a security code to bridge you into your microphone or the HF-3W

Reply to
Rick M

Try S.O.S.Automation from

formatting link
. Though designed mainly to listen to sos voices its actually has a voice verification capabilty and uses also for spying.

I hope it helps

Gim

Reply to
Gim

Try Nseven T7 system at

formatting link
there is a sepecial device forthat question.

Reply to
Carlos Cabrita

Reply to
Spanky0126

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.