Button label printing, your thoughts?

I'm wondering if anyone has done anything creative in terms of printing their button lables for Insteon or other wall keypads that have clear windows for inserting labels?

I did some buttons with paper and they just dont look all that hot when the LED light shines through, as the paper fibers look splotchy.

I was thinking of maybe using colored overhead projector transparancy material for a smoother look. Or maybe if I can find some opaque mylar sheets suitable for a laser printer. I'm going to try vellum paper next as that seems to have a very consistent look when passing light.

Ideally I think opaque mylar would work the best, but I have googled my head off and cannot find letter sized opaque mylar sheets anywhere, anyone know of a source for this material?

How have you guys made nice professional looking labels on insertable label keypads?

Because paying Smarthome $7.95 for one damn little laser etched button is not my idea of a bargain, and paper just aint all that pretty.

Reply to
RickH
Loading thread data ...

Rick,

You may have thought of this and dismissed it because it obviously will not work, but how about the transparencies you buy at your local office supply store for doing presentations.

I know they have transparent ones, and I vaguely remember seeing some translucent, maybe.

Larry Hazel

Reply to
Homer L. Hazel

Thats what I'm looking for but have not been able to find. All the stores and google'ing I've checked only sell transparent or colored transparent sheets. If anyone knows of a supplier of translucent/ opaque projector transparencies, please let me know and I will review how well it works for laser printed button labels. I have quite a few buttons to do.

Thanks

Reply to
RickH

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.