Basic HAI Omni system information

Although I have read the system manuals for the Omni systems and the PC ACCESS software, I find I still have no idea how even basic tasks are configured and setup. For instance:

How do you define an alarm zone as exterior or interior, NC/NO or both, and which of the arming selections would include this zone.

In the programming area, how would you program: If any exterior zone changes status, open to closed, etc, send an X10 A1 unit on signal.

HAI really needs a programming guide explaining the concepts behind their programming design and a large set of 'Howto' examples.

Reply to
Dennis
Loading thread data ...

On 13 Feb 2006 16:59:13 -0800, "Dennis" wrote (with possible editing):

To select zone type:

Setup -> Installer -> Zones Select Zone Select Type from Dropdown

You can make a zone NC, NO but not both. Fire, Utility are NO, Perimeter, Away Int, Night Int, Entry/Exit (all burglary), etc. are NC.

When a zone changes status, it simply reverses its normal configuration. Thus NO becomes closed and NC becomes open. This is expressed as READY or NOT READY. READY for a NO zone is NO, NOT READY is closed; i.e., the opposite of its N (normal) status. You use the COMMAND section of the statement to do whatever you want. And, of course, there is the IF (or two IF statements if an OP2) to add a condition.

Thus a statement looks like this:

WHEN their programming design and a large set of 'Howto' examples.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

Go to the discussion groups and knowledge base on

formatting link
. You will find a ton of information on HAI systems there.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt Delaney

Larry,

See comments below.

L. M. Rappaport wrote:

*** Apparently in the demo version of the software, the option you indicated is not present. Thanks for clarifying this point.

The documentation indicates that zones can be included/excluded from each of the various arming types. This must also be setup under this same installer option, correct?

Yes, but is there a way to handle groups of sensors, such as:

'When any door sensor not ready sound chime

to sound a chime when any door is opened.

Thanks Dennis

***>
Reply to
Dennis

Kurt,

Thanks I will take a look over there.

Dennis

Kurt Delaney wrote:

Reply to
Dennis

On 15 Feb 2006 16:36:56 -0800, "Dennis" wrote (with possible editing):

...snip

No, this is available at runtime at any console. For example, lets say you are going to bed and you check the console. It shows that you've left the garage door open on a detached garage. You don't want to bother going outside to close it, so instead you just bypass that one zone. I don't know about the clones and regular OP, but with the OP2, you don't have to do anything, if you set the night mode, it will automatically bypass any zone that is "not ready".

...snip

Sure. For example, my OP2 is setup to do just that. After using it the very first summer, I discovered what a pain in the ass that was!!! (My setup even announces WHICH door!)

So I added a flag which I called "Door Ann Flg" (for "Door Announce") so the program code which originally read:

WHEN Kitchen Door NOT READY: SAY KITCHEN DOOR OPEN

was changed to:

WHEN Kitchen Door NOT READY &IF Door Ann Flg ON: Say KITCHEN DOOR OPEN

This is easily changed to beeping instead of announcing.

Best,

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.