auto phone dialing

I need to know from a remote location when AND which doors are left open in my apartments. My ideal would be if the each apartment phone would call my remote computer and upload the information at some time during the night. I need that I can tell which doors are open or closed in which apartment. I can give each door a unique name or code and also the apartments could be called A thru Z, for example. Ideas please.

Reply to
motor man
Loading thread data ...

I'd suggest a security system. But then, what do I know?

Reply to
Frank Olson

Do you have a control system? This would be extremely simple with AMX or Crestron and an external computer modem.

Reply to
rickmcneely

Most security systems would not handle it. AMX or Crestron would certainly do the trick. An ELK-M1G system could also do it, but for much less money. Rather than a phone call, you might want to consider having the system send you e-mail.

Regards, Robert L Bass Bass Home Electronics

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

HI I need the cost to be far lower than a home security system as this will be used in many sites. It must also be wireless as the installations are temporary. Anyone with a great idea or anyone who would like to work on this project for $ please email me directly.

Reply to
motor man

Hmmmmmmmm lets see now.

Please provide the following info.

1) Budget in the form of $'s for project, either by individual site or complete.

2) Geographic location as in Country --- State --- City

Answer the above and I will take it under consideration.

Thanks,

Reply to
ABLE_1

I think

formatting link
modems is your answer.
formatting link
I/O ports to which you can connect a halls effect switch, infrared beam of PIR. See
formatting link
a PIC controlled intruder alarm circuit that was published in April 2002 Everyday Electronics. This article will show you how to connect a N/C device to the I/O port. The zigbee modems can be removed and installed at any other place to provide you with the mobility that you need. I would suggest you get hold of somebody that can make the Zigbee modems from
formatting link
work. If the 2.4ghz can't penetrate enough walls then bridge two Zigbee modems using
formatting link
or use the 433mhz range from
formatting link

Reply to
backspace

See

formatting link
for a PIC controlled intruder alarm circuit that was published in

Depending on which doors to 'your' apartments you are talking about, couldn't this monitoring could be seen as an invasion of privacy?

Reply to
joe.norden

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.