Anyone out there that can compare Charmed Quark to Girder?

I'd like to web-enable certain aspect of my system and have been looking at both Charmed Quark and Girder. There's an enormous price difference. Is there a correspondingly enormous quality or value difference?

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green
Loading thread data ...

Girder automates PC apps and has some pretty handy integration features for devices. CQC is a whole suite of automation apps designed for client/server operation. They're entirely different things.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

client/server

I just bought an IRTrans USB Translator device, capable of receiving one IR code and outputting another code or series of codes from its internal database. I got it so that when I got new gear for the AV room, I wouldn't have to reprogram all the learning remotes around the house. One session of learning and translating codes and the new device can be operated from the same old remotes via the Powermids. More on that later in a separate thread.

One of the pieces of SW that's cross-supported by the IRTrans device is Girder Pro. When I first began researching the IRTrans USB Translator I saw a lot of references to Girder Pro. From what I can tell, I think the souped up "pro" version is much more than just an "app" automator and integrator. The plain version appears to work as you describe, but the "pro" version:

formatting link
sells for $149 and Smarthome claims:

Reply to
Robert Green

They have a whole house licesnse for $200.

Promixis has a forum at...

formatting link
It will probably give you some idea of how others are using Girder Pro.

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.