Any IP cams out there with most functionality in its firmware?

After being fooled with great advertised functionality only to discover that it required some software running on a PC, I want to be more careful with my next IP camera. I want to be using the PC only to set up the cam but after that I want to be able to disconnect the PC and run connected only to my router and view its display and control it remotely over the Internet. What's the point of having an expensive IP cam running from a connected PC when you can accomplish the same thing with an inexpensive web cam?

I want the IP cam send me an email with a short video clip when motion is detected in its designated view area and also record the same or longer video clips to a remote FTP server directory. Recording on an SD card in the cam would also be nice but not essential. Pan and tilt is not that important to me, but good picture quality even in low light is, because I intend to use the cam day & night inside a vindow, facing outside that is fairly dark at night. Because of this infrared LEDs would be useless as they would reflect back from the window glass to the camera lens.

Does any of you know of such IP cam under $300 and actually set up and used one?

Thanks.

Reply to
Rover
Loading thread data ...

Have a look at Foscam. It cost around $70 bucks, has motion detection, pan-and-tilt and does not require a computer. It can e-mail pictures when motion is dtected. There are free iPhone and Android apps available too.

formatting link

Reply to
geko

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.