All around control via linux

Hi,

Thanks to everybody's help here, i've been looking into linux and home autiomation. I seem to have found a lot of programs which deal with X10, but i was curious if there are any programs that not olny do X10, but do as mich of whole home automation (X10, Tivo, MP3, security)?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Reply to
harryguy082589
Loading thread data ...

There's ECS, PlutoHome and M. House. Take a look on my web page for the links (sorry for being lazy, got a book to write and needed a quick break, don't tell ;-).

Reply to
Neil Cherry

I'm looking at Pluto's website and i'm not sure quite what to make of it. Any way you can help me?

Reply to
harryguy082589

Also: i can't seem to find anything by the name of ECS (or anything that it would stand for), where is it?

Reply to
harryguy082589

Harry my apologies, ECS seems to be missing. I'll fix that a little later.

ECS -

formatting link

As far a PlutoHome goes, I'm a little stumped as to what it is. I've gotten the impression that it's Java based, Open Source and somewhat like Mr. House. I've taken a liking to Mr. House though I'm not sure I really like Perl. ;-) I have this love/hate relationship with it. I hate writing drivers in Perl but I love Perl for manipulating data. One day I might actually have to learn to write code in Perl! :-}

Reply to
Neil Cherry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.