Alarm system that will SMS me?

I'm looking for a non-subscription alarm system that will send alerts to my cell phone upon an alarm condition. Also, I'd like it to automatically monitor a set of zones based on time of day: Ie: After midnight it automatically monitors the backyard zone, and sends me an SMS if anyone comes into the yard.

I expect I would have to hook it up to either a landline or a LAN to communicate out - This is ok.

Can anyone recommend any alarm systems that would do this?

Reply to
jane.doe
Loading thread data ...

Elk M1Gold is capable of doing this. There is a module you can interconnect to any alarm panel that will SMS you. What part of the world are you in?

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cell phone notification with a voice message is easy. Any of the voice/pager dialers we carry can do that. SMS is another matter. ADI is offering a Vontronics module which

*might* do it. Also, check with ELK Products. Their ELK-M1G home automation controller can connect to a LAN (requires an ELK-M1XEP M1 Ethernet Interface) to send email, etc., though not SMS (yet).

While it does not yet support SMS, the ELK-M1G can easily be programmed to monitor any zones or partitions (group of zones) based on time of day, day of week, dat of month, whatever. It can also activate different levels of alarm (silent, audible, email, etc.) based on time/day/date, event order, system status, etc.

The ELK system is also one of the few that can monitor analog (variable, 0-10 VDC) as well as open/closed alarm sensor status. This allows the system to do things like compare temperatures in different zones. It's a pretty slick system.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Depending on what part of the world you are in. Concept 4000 by InnerRange will do it all plus more.

formatting link

Reply to
AusSec

formatting link

Reply to
Just Looking

GE Simon or Concord with an Alarm.com module

Reply to
Mark Leuck

If it can send an e-mail, then it can be sent to a cell phone. most carriers have instructions for sending an e-mail through the sms channels.

Reply to
Tommy

Shhhhhh!!! Bass has never installed an M1Gold and doesn't understand most of what it can do.

Reply to
Frank Olson

If you use a computer based alarm system, can send email from the computer, and it can run a batch file upon an alarm condition, then batch file or VBS file might do the trick. Use an email SMS message to your cell phone.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

I think the Powermax+can do this. I know if you have the GSM module it can send you SMS as I've done that.

It has two arming modes "Arm home" and "Arm away". You could set it up so that it only monitors the back yard when you are away. Not sure if you can set it to change modes at different times of the day.

Reply to
CWatters

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.