Ademco VISTA-128BP, Caddx NetworX NX-8E or ELK M1 for Residential Alarm and Home Automation

If you're doing the job for yourself and you don't care about an insurance discount, don't worry about it. Make your choice based on the prices and features among the three panels.

Not in the least. The M1Gold is one of the best engineered panels on the market. Programming is fairly easy with ELK's software (included free if you buy it from an authorized online dealer). It's also an extremely flexible HA controller.

No.

No.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

I have boiled down my choices for an Alarm system that would work with my (future and unknown) Home Automation needs:

1) Ademco VISTA-128BP 2) Caddx NetworX NX-8E 3) ELK M1

I like the M1, but it doesn't have a UL Listing yet, but I wonder if that matters much in a home setup. Should I care about the UL?

I also wonder if the M1 is as solid as the Ademco and Caddx systems. Anyone think the M1 would be less reliable?

The M1 will support Zwave

formatting link
at some point with an add-on board. Does the VISTA-128BP and Caddx NX-8E support Zwave?

Is there any reason to avoid any of the above units? I think I could be happy with any of these systems, but if your experience says otherwise, please let me know because I'm about to buy...

TIA,

Reply to
Earl Wallace

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.