1-wire Relay

I'm having a hard time trying to control a eletromagnetic relay with the 1-wire. I have controlled SSR with no problems whatsoever. With the eletromagnetic relay. I use a ds2405, pnp transistor 1k resistor and a

10k resister and a diode. Everything works until I hook plug in 120v. Then I get an error "Failure to change ds2405 latch state". And sometimes Cannot Communicate with device. These errors wouldnt bother me because the device does turn on. But it causes other relays to turn off breifly when I switch on a relay with 120v going to the relay.. Note that the relays work flawlessly without any errors. Until I hook up the 120v. Even if there is no load. Just plugging in the 120v makes it receive this breif error. Anyone have any ideas??

Xavier

Reply to
Xavier
Loading thread data ...

Do you have the 120V just connected to the relay contacts and is it isolated from the coil and coil circuit? Maybe a defective relay where there is leakage current from the contacts to the coil. I have had problems with 1-wire if the loop picks stray signals so you may have to to try to shield the loop and curcuit from the 120V wires. Dave

Reply to
Dave

"Xavier" wrote in news:1116009068.589021.255730 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

A schematic of your circuit would help. Did you provide any decoupling capacitors? How much capacity does your power supply for the relays have? How clean is the layout of your wiring (e.g. did you keep 120 VAC wiring away from 1-wire and relay control signals?)?

Reply to
Ian Shef

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.