ZoneAlarms Pro and eBay do NOT work together???

ZoneAlarms Pro and eBay do NOT work together???

While running ZoneAlarms Pro 6, certain areas of eBay.com no longer seem to work or work properly.

Within Firefox if I find an item and hit 'watch' it just sits there forever with the circle going.... (the item actually does get saved to the watch list eventually but you would never know it)

And within IE it eventually displays the next page after hitting 'watch' but in the bottom it reports "Errors"

The IE Error message states: Line: 391 Char: 2 Error: 'blockedReferrer' is undefined Code: 0 URL:

formatting link
ViewItem&Item=xxxxxx&fromMakeTrack=true

If I turn off zonealarms then all works FINE. I am not running ANY special settings - everything is default.

Reply to
LoadHawg
Loading thread data ...

work or work properly.

with the circle going.... (the item actually

in the bottom it reports "Errors"

settings - everything is default.

Try turning off some of the privacy/web filtering stuff and you might get better results..

Reply to
Kerodo

Well, you got your clue. You have ZoneAlarm configured to block the Referrer in the HTTP headers. That means the site doesn't know from where you came. Some sites only want to present a page to you if you were previously on one of their own pages. That is, you get to navigate through their pages if you started there. This is a form of security to ensure someone doesn't provide a link that simply jumps into the middle of a navigation sequence of pages.

So configure ZoneAlarm to NOT block Referrer. Or maybe add the domain to your Trusted Sites list (since ZoneAlarm might not block Referrer for sites in that security zone) assuming you really trust the site. Referrer does represent a method of tracking your navigation (one site back) and so some privacy nuts consider it taboo. At most, you may navigate from one domain to the next so the next one knows from whence you originated, but then their URL could also provide that information.

Reply to
Vanguard

work or work properly.

with the circle going.... (the item actually

in the bottom it reports "Errors"

settings - everything is default.

Privacy -> Site List. Then check how ZA treats cookies from eBay. Turn off or decrease privacy control while you are working with eBay.

Reply to
alf

Thanks! I'll start looking into that.

Reply to
LoadHawg

Don't use IE and Zone Alarm, and you will not have such problems.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.