zonealarm "hidden" block on ssh as service until restarted

Anyone know what is going on here?

In a nutshell, after a reboot service X is only accessible through zonealarm if it is restarted.

I have cygwin running as a service on an XP PC with zonelarm.

If I stop and stop the service I can use putty on another PC to ssh tunnel in successfully.

If I do not have zonelarm running and reboot I can again connect using putty.

But if I reboot with zonelarm running putty hangs ie it does not come back with a login prompt. Yet zonealarm log shows that the incoming connection (port 22) is allowed and cygwin (sshd.exe) is allowed internet access. Now if I restart the service and try putty again it works. So I have a script to manually start the service after a reboot and this seems to be working, at least for the past couple of days. But what is going on?

I tried removing zonealarms settings for the service and answered yes when zonelarm popped up questions as to whether to allow access but this made no difference.

Reply to
Gooshi
Loading thread data ...

Make sure that the cygwin service is set up with the zonealarm service as a dependency. Else they might be started in the "wrong" order. See the -y option to cygrunsrv.

Regards,

Reply to
Arthur Hagen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.