zone alarm start up

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me. When I start my machine up I get a `Zone alarm pop up security alert` Server Program saying Generic Host Process for Win32 Servers is trying to act as a server

Identification: None Application: sychost.exe Source IP: 0.0.0.0.Port 135

if I do either, click on the button `remember this setting.`Allow` or `Deny` Zone Alarm then starts up and my machine works OK. The trouble is it will still pop up next time I boot up so its getting to be a pain. Any ideas how to stop this popping up every time.

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
Ken Walsh
Loading thread data ...

That's easy. Uninstall ZA. You don't need it anyway.

Reply to
Root Kit

formatting link
Chris

Reply to
Chris Davies

Looks like HE does. Unless he's ignoring other virus indicators.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Parker

If the name of the application really is sychost.exe not svchost.exe then it's a bit late to replace the useless firewall software with a somewhat useful virus scanner. You will need to back up any wanted files and reinstall the operating system and everything else from clean media.

If, as I suspect, you meant svchost.exe then your best plan is to remove the useless firewall software and install a virus scanner if you don't already have one. Make sure the windows firewall is turned on. If you want a free virus scanner try

formatting link
but a paid one is best because you might otherwise still be troubled by nag popups asking you to buy a virus scanner.

Reply to
Network Admin

My point exactly.

Reply to
Root Kit

Sorry my mistake I went and checked again after reading the replies and like an idiot I am (blind as a bat as well) yes your right it is SVCHOST.EXE and not sychost.exe

Reply to
Ken Walsh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.