Zone Alarm Problem

I just installed Zone Alarm 5 and I am having problems with connecting it to a shared internet. I don't have a router. I have zone alarm installled on the Server computer with xp on it. I have the internet shared by network card with a crossover cable to another computer. The problem is getting the right settings to allow the other computer to access the internet. Is it the Trusted I would add this to or the Internet. Internet sharing with xp workes fine without the zone alarm firewall on, but when I turn it on I can't get out on the other computer. I tried turning zone alarms security firewall settings to off when I added the other computers ip address to the trusted, but still no access. Any Idea on how to setup the other computer to access the interent with the zone alarm on the host computer with zone alarm 5? Thanks.

Reply to
<KristaDecker
Loading thread data ...

If this is the free version of Zonealarm then it doesn't support ICS and the Internet Zone setting at High. You'll need to reduce the Internet Zone to Medium for the clients to get out. You still get the same protection with the only difference being you ports will show as closed/blocked instead of Stealth.

Regards

Bill

Reply to
phoenix

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.