Zone alarm 6.0.631.3 install problems

There are apparently upgrade problems for some people if you're upgrading from 5.x to 6.0.x. They are currently working on it and looking for beta testers to test what they've done to date. You might go back to 5.5 for a while until the next 6.0.xx release and see if that fixes your problems..

Reply to
Kerodo
Loading thread data ...

Just trying to give the poor guy some hope. :-)

Actually, almost everything out there today is betaware unfortunately..

Reply to
Kerodo

I have tried to install Zone alarm pro 6.0.631.3 but get the following error "Could not load the DLL library C:\\...........\\Temp\\vsutil.dll (WSEDbgPrint) . The specified procedure could not be found".

I have emailed ZA support a week ago without response. Anybody here had the same problem and found a solution?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Rainbird

You've payed money to Zonelabs. So they have to give you support. But meanwhile, use the Windows-Firewall. You don't need Zonealarm at all.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Kerodo wrote: [Zonealarm probs]

Ah - bananaware. "The Beta Experience. Soon to be final. Be there while it happens." ;-)

Oh, sorry, this was Microsoft...

SCNR, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

The answer is that I downloaded it with getright! Download it without and everything works fine.

Steve

(apologies if this appears twice)

Reply to
Steve Rainbird

Wait up on 6. Stick with 5.5. 6 trashed my test XP Home partition to where I had to delete the partition. It works for some but if you get the lockups, uninstalling may not help.

Reply to
Ed Light

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.