Windows Vista and Check Point Connectra

Hi all,

I have some problems to connect on my Check Point Connectra with Windows Vista. The Windows Vista doesn't permit install the ActiveX Control I did the procedure bellow but doesn't work.

In Windows Vista:

1. Log on to Windows with administrative privileges.

1. Click 'Start' > 'Run'.

2. Type secpol.msc in the command line.

1. Expand 'Local Policies'.

2. Click 'Security Options'.

1. Double-click the policy 'User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval mode' and set it to 'Elevate without prompting'.

2. Double-click the policy 'User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode' and set it to "Enabled".

1. Install the desired ActiveX control resource.

2. Log off and use the resource as a standard user.

1. Once you have finished installing and using the ActiveX resource, to avoid security risks in the future, go back to secpol.msc and restore the default settings.

I get this procedure on the Check Point website. If someone have any ideia please let me know.

Regards,

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel
Loading thread data ...

Simple: Stop doing this bullshit and adhere to LUA. You don't need admin rights to install ActiveX controls. Just take RegSrvEx to redirect the COM+ Control Registration to HKCU\\Sw\\Classes, or use RegCap to capture the entire set of CLSID entries (and then import them manually to HKCU).

Reply to
Sebastian G

I had to do that procedure a couple of times before it started working, but ...

Unless I right-click run IE as an admin, the ICS scan does not work.

And even running as an admin does not allow the SSL Network Extender to work. It looks like it's working because you get an Office Mode IP and everything, but no traffic flows down it.

I opened a support case with Check Point and they replied that Connectra NGX R62 definitely is NOT supported on Vista.

I guess we have to wait for an update.

Ray

Reply to
JJ

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.