Windows 2003 RRAS question

I'm not a security expert but have set up VPN access (road warrier) for the company I work for. It works fine for windows clients. Now the company we work with need VPN access to our network. Don't ask me what (clients, routers) they will use to connect. I only know that I need to give them all the following parameters regarding our VPN gateway. Now, our VPN gateway and router is RRAS that comes with Windows 2003 (and we also have ISA firewall), but how on earth I'm going to know values of all these parameters? Where I can find this information? I hope you understand my question. Please help!

ISAKMP SA: ISAKMP SA Authentication Method ISAKMP SA Key ISAKMP SA Hash Algorithm ISAKMP SA Encryption Algorithm ISAKMP SA Diffie-Hellman Group ISAKMP SA Life Duration ISAKMP SA Vendor-ID ISAKMP SA IKE KeepAlive ISAKMP SA IKE DPD KeepAlive IPSec SA: IPSec SA - IPSEC Protocol IPSec SA - Mode IPSec SA - Hash Algorithm IPSec SA - Encryption Algorithm IPSec SA - Life Type IPSec SA - PFS IPSec SA - PFS D-H Group IPSec SA - Compression LZS IP Policy: Protocol Routing ICMP KeepAlive

Reply to
Zvuk
Loading thread data ...

Please once again. It's urgent. Where could I find information? On some other newsgroop? How can I find out what are the values of these parameters in Windows 2003 RRAS?

ISAKMP SA: ISAKMP SA Authentication Method ISAKMP SA Key ISAKMP SA Hash Algorithm ISAKMP SA Encryption Algorithm ISAKMP SA Diffie-Hellman Group ISAKMP SA Life Duration ISAKMP SA Vendor-ID ISAKMP SA IKE KeepAlive ISAKMP SA IKE DPD KeepAlive IPSec SA: IPSec SA - IPSEC Protocol IPSec SA - Mode IPSec SA - Hash Algorithm IPSec SA - Encryption Algorithm IPSec SA - Life Type IPSec SA - PFS IPSec SA - PFS D-H Group IPSec SA - Compression LZS IP Policy: Protocol Routing ICMP KeepAlive

Reply to
Zvuk

The information they are asking for pertains to establishing an IPSec-based site-to-site VPN. Most likely, the VPN endpoint at the other end is a IPSec-enabled router or firewall. AFAIK, neither ISA nor Windows itself supports IPSec site-to-site VPN tunnels. Windows does support IPSec in tunnel mode (as well as in transport mode), but last time I checked had no way to "route" traffic through the tunnel to the other end.

HTH.

Reply to
Scott Lowe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.