Windows 2003 - Gives a Restart Message everytime connected to Internet ?

Everytime I get connected to Internet via my Cable Internet, I get a svchost.exe failure, once i click OK to terminate the program, I will get another message saying RPC service terminated unexpectedly and a timer displays computer shut down in 1 minute.

I have norton antivirus corporate edition installed, on a complete system scan with virus definitions updated around 2 hours ago, nothing is found.

Please help me fix my problem. Thanks in Advance

Reply to
racer
Loading thread data ...

Do you have a NAT router or a firewall between your "Internet" connection and your 2003 server?

If not, don't connect the 2003 box to the cable again until you get one.

If you have some form of NAT or firewall, then boot in safe mode and scan for viruses.

If that fails, install Service Pack 1 and see if that resolves it.

You should not be browsing the web using a server, except for specifically approved sites - like Microsoft.com, and vendors patches sites.

Reply to
Leythos

racer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@DoNotSpam.com:

Well if it was me I would not connect to the Internet and I would use something like Process Explorer (free) and look at the Svchost.exe(s) that are running to see if I could spot something running a hidden process trying to use a Svchost.exe. You can right-click a process in the upper pane and select Properties and it will tell you everything about a running process. You can also go to Menu/View/Show Lower Pane/All Dll(s) and it will show you all processes running with process.

long version

formatting link

short version

formatting link
formatting link
Sysinternals developed it and where you can get the latest version.

formatting link
I would have this running looking at the process as it blows when trying to connect to the Internet. Maybe, you'll spot something. Hopefully, the machine has something active some kind of FW while you're looking around.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.