Win7 svchost.exe using a lot of Memory

Hi there everyone! I really hope you guys can help me out here! I have searched the web and also this website for an answer, however only answers i get are with WinXP.

This is why i started this new thread.

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, and seem to have this svchost.exe problem. In my Tast manager i have alot of Processes however none of them exeeds 50.000k Memory. (this including Firefox, Outlook, iTunes) However the svchost.exe is using up 115500k Memory which is too much.

I hope you guys can help me out here! Any other specs or info needed just ask and ill post what is needed to get this problem solved!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Chris

Reply to
Darkray
Loading thread data ...

disclaimer: I have Win xp (32 bit), but SeaMonkey is using 68MB. With "Process Explorer" you should be able to see what process is using that large svchost. What would also be interesting is to see how much memory is used when starts - if it gains size over time it could be a !memoryleak!.

What makes you think that 115MB is "too much" for a 64 bit machine?

Reply to
Rick

Hi there Rick, Thanks for you reply.

I have noticed that right after Startup of Windows the svchost.exe does grow quite a bit. Considering its under 30.000k, and then grows to the

115.000k it has when my System is fully loaded.

Considering that I always check my processes, and the usage of my pc. Windows now consumes 40% of my memory with only Firefox running. Which in my opinion is too much (or am i wrong???). Also considering I use Task Manager a lot, svchost.exe has never caught my attention until it became this memory absorbing problem.

My Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Intel Quad Core Q6600 (4x 2.4Ghz)

4GB RAM GeForce GTX 280 with 1GB memory
Reply to
Darkray

Darkray wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@DoNotSpam.com:

Just as a point of reference, I am on a Win2k machine on a Core2duo with 2 gigs using Firefox 3.5.6. It is currently consuming 332,500k. Task Manager shows it has been as high as 687,956k since this instance was started.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

OK here,

I have uploaded two images.

1 of the highest consuming processes, and the second image are the services the svchost.exe process uses!

Maybe you guys recognize anything suspicious?

Greets

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: task_manager_services.jpg | |Download:
formatting link
|+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
Darkray

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.