Web server behind a Sonicwall TZ170

(Novice user question) My employer wants to set up a webserver behind a Sonicwall TZ170 that we've had in operation for awhile. He wants to be able to have users ftp files to this webserver. What do I need to open up on the Sonicwall in order for the ftp'd files to be able to cross the Sonicwall and upload into the webserver?

Reply to
src36
Loading thread data ...

What type of WebServer? Is it a MS web server?

Consider getting FileZilla (the Server part) for your FTP server - this will let you configure all sorts of FTP users and settings without adding NT accounts to your web server. Also, do not allow anonymous users to read/write files to the server.

If the Sonic doesn't already have an FTP rule that you can enable, then you need for forward 21/20 to the server. Most firewall appliances have a FTP rule/service that you just enable and point to the server, I would think the Sonic would also.

Just remember, it's easy to find a open FTP server and start using it for anything anyone wants to use it for - make sure that you DO NOT ALLOW anonymous access to it.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.