Watching WTA Warsaw from work

There is a lot of interest in the WTA Warsaw tennis event, this year, which is otherwise just a small "tune up" event for French open.

Becuase of Maria Sharapova making her return to the game, I am seeing connections from office networks all over Europe to our audio and video streams of the event, whenever she is playing.

And with British player Anne Keothvang playing in the first match today, there are people watching and/or listening from office networks ALL OVER the United Kingdom.

I offer three choices for video, you can go to Justin TV, use Sopcast, or use our Windows Media feed. Since the Windows Media feet is not in any vendor's filtering lists, it can easily be tuned in from work. Just open Windows Media Player, enter the IP and port for our Windows Media streaming video server, and you can watch from the office all day.

When Maria Sharapova is playing, we have had our server CRASH under the load, with people connecting from office networks all over Europe to tune in.

So for you admins in Europe wondering why people are gobbling down bandwidth at 343K each, now you know why. Everyone wants to tune in to watch Maria play.

Reply to
Anonymous
Loading thread data ...

Hmmm... looks like chilly the silly got himself a new mail address to evade killfiling ...

[...]

Y'know, as a system administrator that's not really something I'd brag about ...

*re-plonk*

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.