VPN Cloud solution

I am looking to place about 100 appliances (computers) in various offices around the country. They are unattended, but will need frequent updates from our home office. We would like remote access to the machines, and I believe a VPN is the best way, given the sensitive nature of the data on these machines.

I'm looking for a solution that will connect to our home office and allow us access to the machines. Thoughts? Thanks!!

Reply to
Brian
Loading thread data ...

You need to be a little more specific. What kind of connection do you need? Is a simple Telnet/SSH connection what you're looking for? Or do you need a full VPN solution? Check out the listings in the following links. They should give you a good starting point for your search (including the comments), particularly if you're on Windows. If you need something more robust and professional, check out Sun's offerings

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
G

G,

These are windows based machines with a mix of static and dynamic ip's. Each will have a .Net app and MS SQL Express. We will need to do weekly updates to the .net App and occasionally mine the data in the sql db. CLI would be sufficient. I'll go check out the links! Thanks for your time!

-B

Reply to
Brian

depends what price range you are looking for, but for the SOHO market, can I suggest Cisco 1841 routers with K9 IOS then configure DMVPN (fully meshed dynamic VPN)

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.