US Robotics 9105/9106 firewall

Hello,

I've got a US Robotics 9106 modem/router and I see it uses iptables and ebtables (same as 9105 ?). There seems little technical information availble in newsgroups, forums and websites. The best I have is a command line reference and whatever help programs like iptables display. Does anyone know a good spot (preferable a a NG or a forum) where "real USR hackers" hang out ?

Or ... what I'm looking for at the moment; - where are the iptables (and ebtables) sources stored - can I use both the web- and command line interface without interfering - is ReAim (reaim) really necessary when not using AIM and how do I stop it - any pitfalls - all the technical docs / tutorials / etc available

Thanks in advance, Stefan

Reply to
Stefan
Loading thread data ...

I have the 9106 router. First I thought there were problems because I couldn't reach working servers by requesting them with the internet ip.

After a while i found that my servers are accessible external (not on my lan) but not internal because the router blocks the loop.

I believe that the webinterface does the same as what you do with telnet.

Great router btw!

I d> Hello,

Reply to
Matata

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.