Time on Firewall management

Group,

Our org is considering splitting up firewall management and I am trying to figure out if we need more head count.

The security team (my group) will now be responsible for security policies - what gets blocked and allowed.

The network group will be responsible for managing the hardware and pushing through changes.

My hope is to gain your general experience with how much time is spent in each area. Perhaps a percentage or hours per week metric.

Researching and determining policy - what to block or allow

Managing the hardware

Pushing through changes

We have about 30 firewalls on a few different campuses and at the edge. Mostly Junipers but a bit of a mix.

Thanks in Advance!

Reply to
ralbach
Loading thread data ...

You didn't provide enough information.

We manage firewalls for 80 some clients, only need the first few weeks to get things setup with exceptions to web-blocking or spam blocking. After the first few weeks they tend to not need changes. The only thing left is to check them for attacks inside or out.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.