Symantec Gateway Router 460R, Client VPN for x64 Vista out yet?

Does anyone have any info on a release date for Vista on Symantec VPN Client?

As far as I know the Symantec client is the only client that will work with this particular gateway (unless someone has other information to the contrary)...

If other vpn clients will work, anyone know of any that could be tested via trial download for x64 Vista.

Thanks

Reply to
markm75
Loading thread data ...

I guess i'm the only one out there with this gateway and Vista clients (LOL) :)

Reply to
markm75

It's not funny and if someone could help you they would.

On Symantec VPN Client for Vista, I suggest you get in touch with Symantec as to when they are going to have a release for Vista, as many vendors are in the same position with Vista right now. They are catching up with the O/S, just like they did when Win 2k and XP were released.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

I assumed so though.

I did get in touch, they have no date or no word on whether they will, which to me seems ridiculous, as with this gateway, the only ipsec client that will work with it is their own software, this puts alot of people out in the cold, or forces us to buy a whole new dual wan gateway system.

I'd almost prefer to look for something better, something with SSL VPN ability and dual wan, this would eliminate the client based software proprietary issue.

Reply to
markm75

Thanks.. I got in touch with them.. they've basically said there is no release date set (dont know if there will be one)..

This leaves anyone with a Symantec Gateway and Vista client.. out in the cold for VPN, as their product only works with the "Symantec VPN Client".

Other clients dont work.. I've even tried NCP for x64 Vista and it failed to connect, stating invalid ID in the logs.. typical for this router.

Reply to
markm75

Sorry to hear that, but vendors will catch up with Vista sooner or later, because is not going anywhere, and they got to dance with M$.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.