Sygate Pro has an update signature file

feeling pretty hopeless about it, I went ahead and checked for signature update for Sygate Pro. To my delight, there was a signature update.

so, the newest signature for Sygate Pro is: 5.5.3049

I guess I can keep Sygate for a while longer :-)

Louise

Reply to
louise
Loading thread data ...

The IDS signatures are probably the least important aspect of the firewall. You can still use Sygate as long as you want and it'll function fine as a basic personal firewall with quite a few nice features.

Reply to
Kerodo

Thanks for the signature information. Don't be too quick to discard Sygate Pro. It's still one of the best--as is. Would be nice if they would come up with a major update and fix the local host problem--guess they never will. Casey

Reply to
Casey Klc

Casey, there most likely will not be any fix for the proxy problem unless they somehow continue development. There are however, various beta and debug builds available since the older 5.5.2710 Pro version if you're interested in trying them. They are 5.6.xx betas. Here are some links to the last ones made to date:

SPF

formatting link
SPF Pro
formatting link
I have tried them, and some other prior betas of 5.6 Pro and they seem to work fine. If they had continued, one of these most likely would have been the final 5.6 Pro release.

Reply to
Kerodo

Hmmm, when I just tried the link I posted in the ng, it didn't seem to work. But here is a link to the original page where the links appeared, and they seem to work there ok, if you're interested.

formatting link

Reply to
Kerodo

Thank you, I may try them just to see what they look like. Casey

Reply to
Casey Klc

Yep, that's what I did. 5.6 looks pretty much like 5.5, but there are supposed to be some performance and resource improvements so might be worth a try. There is supposed to be a registry key you need to add to get 5.6 to update the IDS sigs. I don't remember what it is (sorry), but I believe somebody at Wilders posted it in one of the Sygate threads, so you might check there. Good luck to you..

Reply to
Kerodo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.