Strange firewall behaviour

Hi I have just set up my new Netgear DG834G ADSL Wireless Router. I have tried to set up the NAT so that P2P works correctly, using the same ports and TCP/UDP settings from the old router. However, when I check the ports with GRC Shields Up!, only the first port in the range is Open, the others are Closed. Ports outside the range appear correctly as Stealth. Consequently, my P2P app is not functioning.

Any sugegstions?

Ta

Andy

Reply to
Andy Hargreaves
Loading thread data ...

Andy wrote on Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:10:53 +0100:

If you have them open in the router, then Closed would indicate that nothing is listening to them on your PC. Are you sure you forwarded those other ports to your PC correctly? Are you sure the P2P application is listening on those ports when you test (it's possible that if it has need to be using those ports that it doesn't bother opening them until requested, which is why the first port configured is open).

Dan

Reply to
Spack

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.