SSL dual wan gateway routers out there?

Due to random lockup issues with our gateway security gateway 460R (about once every week I have to reset the router as access inside the firewall to the internet is cutoff.. cant ping the unit, though offsite you can access the web access console with no problems when this occurs)..

And also due to the fact that it seems with any Symantec Gateway you have to use proprietary Symantec VPN client software to connect via IPSEC (and they have nothing for x64 Vista)..

I've decided to start looking for alternative solutions, perhaps one with aggregating wan ports too.

Price range.. ideally $600, but that could flex greatly if the device was worth it.

I'm also trying to understand SSL VPN.. would this truely eliminate the need for custom software on the remote side and be just as secure as IPSEC?

So in short.. any thoughts on good alternative SSL VPN capable Dual wan routers out there and thoughts on SSL vs IPSEC?

Thanks

Reply to
markm75
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.