Sonicwall TZ 170 and Remote Desktop

Situation: 2 Computers need to be configured with RD.

I have both setup so that I can access them while on the LAN.

On the WAN, I can access Computer 1.

Computer 2 is supposed to have a second IP on the WAN to port forward the RD requests.

I can't get the second IP to respond on the Sonicwall.

Also, I switched the internal static IPs of the computer 1 and 2, because it was deemed that Computer 2 needed RD sooner.

RD still didn't work on Computer 2, even after the IP switch. I flushed ARP, reset the router (even flashed the router with the latest firmware and reset all settings to factory default). Still it would not pass

3389 to Computer 2. I switched IPs back and Computer 1 works great again.

I can't seem to port forward 3390 to Computer 2's IP and translate the port to 3389 or allow Computer 2 to respond to 3390.

It seems like the Sonicwall can't see Computer 2, yet Computer 2 uses the Sonicwall to get tot the internet, the Diagnostics page on the Sonicwall can ping and Traceroute Computer 2, and I can see Computer

2's MAC in ARP.

There are several switches on the network, but no other routers. I am not running ISA or any other proxy server.

Any ideas? Both Computer 1 and 2 have firewall disabled.

Thank you,

John

Reply to
john
Loading thread data ...

You could try changing the remote desktop port number on Computer 2:

formatting link
Then on the Sonicwall create a new service and rule allowing that port number, and forget the port forwarding.

-- Paul

Reply to
Paul

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.