Sonicwall PRO 3060 SYN flood attacks

I work for a rural school system. Recently we have had problems with our internet connections coming and going. Yesterday I noticed a new error message on our sonicwall; Alert: SYN flood Attack. This alert is only present when we are having problems. We are running our sonicwall in stealth mode and already have the SYN flood protection enabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

Reply to
mikedwilson21
Loading thread data ...

what exactly is happening, is the box overloaded, how are the interfaces doing, what kind of connection to your ISP, what bandwidth ? how is the router doing, when this happens. can you confirm the whole network behind the sw is affected, or just a host or subnet/zone.

I see synfloods all the time, can't see how a 3060 could not handle them. what else is in the logs when your connection goes down?

M
Reply to
mak

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.