sonicwall dns loopback

I have a client that has a pro series sonicwall at their main location and around 100 tz170 sonicwalls at each of the remote locations the tz170 units vpn into the pro unit for dns and to use the content filtering service from the pro unit. they have a web server running on the dmz on the pro unit. the problem is that the remote locations can't view the website from domain.com you can get to the website if you type in its lan ip address. you are able to get to the website if you are not on the network. one of the other guys in my IT department set up dns loopback on the pro unit thinking that mite fix the problem. but it did not solve the problem, so I was wanting to know what else would could be the problem.

Reply to
chris153
Loading thread data ...

Have you tested to ensure that DNS loopback is really working as expected? The last time I used a SonicWall device was several years ago before they even had DNS rewrite and their support group thought it was absurd that anyone might ever need such a feature. So I'm not so confident they knew how to implement it properly when they finally got around to it. If you could provide some real world examples with obfuscated IPs it would go along way toward us helping you troubleshoot the issue.

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Do the clients have split DNS, one external and one internal?

Change it to external only, they'll still be able to resolve internally, just see what happens when you clear the internal DNS settings off 1 client.

RedForeman

Reply to
RedForeman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.