Sonicwall and Websense not working at all in remote locations!

Sonicwall and Websense dont seem to want to work in remote office locations!

3060 in the main office, TZ170's in 5 remote locations, Websense enterprise in the main office.

Once I have the VPN up, I can ping the Websense server from the firewall, and I have confirmed WS is working correctly (the users on the LAN in the HQ office get blocked appropriately), but the TZ170's report the WS server as not responding.

I also tried poking a hole for 15868 in the 3060, and putting the public 1 to 1 NAT IP addr for the WS server in the remote locations, and that also fails. I have a ticket open with Sonicwall on this, as this is a HUGE issue, since the client in question works with children every day.

Anyone? Bueller?

Reply to
Chris Lehr
Loading thread data ...

Yes. The websense will only talk to one firewall. End of story. Try disabling content filter at the main site and you will see you will be able to get one of the remote sites working.

Bottom line is you need 1 websense server for each sonicwall that will be doing filtering via websense.

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.